Monday, June 30, 2008

Entry 238


O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention.

Shakespeare



Spend time every day listening to what your muse is trying to tell you.

Saint Batholomew



Health is the first muse, and sleep is the condition to produce it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson



Thus, with child to speak, and helpless in my throes, biting my truant pen, beating myself for spite: Fool! said my muse to me, look in thy heart, and write.

Sir Philip Sidney


I would especially like to recourt the Muse of poetry, who ran off with the mailman four years ago, and drops me only a scribbled postcard from time to time.

John Updike

And muse on Nature with a poet's eye.

Thomas Campbell


The Muse gave the Greeks genius and the art of the well-turned phrase.

Horace








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home