Sunday, June 24, 2007

Entry 72

There can be but little liberty on earth while men worship a tyrant in heaven.

Robert Green Ingersoll

To believe in God is impossible - to not believe in Him is absurd.

Voltaire

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

George Carlin

It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists.

Mohandas Gandhi

If there were no God, there would be no atheists.

G.K. Chesterton

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.

Thomas Jefferson

I don't believe in God because I don't believe in Mother Goose.

Clarence Darrow

I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.

Abraham Lincoln

We may seek God by our intellect, but we only can find him with our heart.

Cotvos

I believe in God as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.

C. S. Lewis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home