Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Entry 4

In all my seventy-two years and a half I have never come across another ass as this human race is.
Mark Twain

Perhaps in the vapid and vaporous air there is a perfume whose complex flower stirs memories, caresses or colors the indistinct desires of the naked being.
Paul Valery

Behind the heavy window, in the soft golden light of a single candle, Nostradamus consulted his ephemeris and plotted the night's course on a horoscope.
John Hogue

The most horrible warfare is the kindest. I shall spread terror by the surprise employment of all my measures. The important thing is the sudden shock of an overwhelming fear of death.
Adolph Hitler

[Years later, when I read this, I think about George W. Bush's. shock and awe bombing of Iraq...a country that did NOT threaten or attack the United States of America.]

Orgies, my dear, orgies are like space travel. There is always the problem of re-entry.
Peter De Vries

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home